If you or even any person else in your family dislikes kitties or even pet dogs yet you need to discuss your property along with household pets nevertheless, after that you ought to take into consideration buying a sky cleanser for family pets. Mostly, these units are actually developed similarly as routine cleansers, along with a couple of included innovations to support a variety of pet dogs. They are actually constructed to fulfill the very same useful criteria as typical sky cleansers together with particularly planned innovations to take care of dog pollen.
In this respect, a good air purifier can deal with the issue before it has a chance to spread throughout the household. Let us then find out what are the ten best air purifiers for pets and what particularities should one consider when buying such a device.
Top Our Pick: 10 Best Air Purifiers For Pets In 2020 Reviews
#10 hOmeLabs 3-in-1 Iconic Air Purifier with HEPA Filter
The hOmeLabs 3-in-1 Iconic Air Purifier is one of the best in the business as it comes with a HEPA filter that removes 99% of all pollutants, smoke, pollen, pet dander, dust, and mold from any room or office. With a 360-degree air inlet, this air purifier removes any foul odors from the room and releases fresh air with ease.
Pros: The cleanser may be utilized in any kind of space along with an optimal series of fifty straight feets
Functions a 4-stage purifying innovation that manages all the typical triggers for allergy symptoms
It gets rid of bad names and also improvements sky quality
Delights in a somewhat silent function
Cons: It releases an incredibly sky-blue lighting that may certainly not be actually switched off in the evening
Creates a fair bit of sound when the enthusiast is actually operating
#9 Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True Hepa
The Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier has True Hepa filters that catch 99.97% of all airborne pollutants. Pet hair, pollen, dust mites, and other allergens are kept out of the air thanks to this product. With Smart Sensors installed, the air purifier checks the quality of air and automatically activates or deactivates itself.
Pros: Can grab approximately 99.97% of all sky contaminations
Functions a cleanable AOC Carbon Filter
Makes use of clever sensing units to evaluate the sky often
Could be utilized to cleanse large spaces
Cons: Its substitute HEPA filters are actually a little bit pricey
Possesses an evening method that entails a quite intense illumination
#8 Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner
If high-quality air is what you want, the Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave technology is the best option for you. The activated carbon filter helps remove any foul odors from the room including smoke, food, pets, and more. Thanks to the pre-filter, pet hair is kept out of the filter which also extends the life of the purifier.
Pros: The automotive setting aids maintain your sky well-maintained whenever required
Integrates a totally cleanable scent management carbon dioxide filter
Functions intelligent sensing units along with an auto-mode to counteract contaminations
Can easily take care of irritants as little as 0.3 microns
Cons: Only collaborates with a details form of filters
Certainly not fantastic for bird pollen
#7 Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier
The Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier is definitely one of the most popular pet air purifiers in the world. At a noise level of just 30dB, this purifier ensures that you have a good night’s sleep while keeping the air quality around you absolutely clean and fresh.
Pros: It is designed to deal with germs and bacteria of any kind
Enjoys a very user-friendly interface
Can work for hours without making too much of a fuss
Has an optional automatic timer to shut the device off at a later time
Cons: Uses a rather weak fan
The airflow could be stronger
#6 Guardian Technologies GermGuardian AC4100 Desktop Air Purifier
Considered as the best filters, the HEPA filter using GermGuardian AC4100 3-in-1 Desktop Air Purifier from Guardian Technologies is a powerful performer. Dust, pollen, smoke, pet dander, and dust are all filtered out leaving your room filled with fresh and clean air. With UVC technology, bacteria, viruses, and germs are removed from the air.
Pros: The affordable filter can be used for 6-8 months
Enjoys a very compact, portable design
Can trap allergens and germs of any kind
Vastly reduces nasty odors
Cons: It’s not exactly quiet
It looks a bit strange
#5 Guardian Technologies GermGuardian GG1000UVC Air Sanitizer
Guardian Technologies are one of the biggest names in the air purifier industry and their GermGuardian GG1000 Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer stands out for the right reasons. For starters, the UV-C technology keeps the air around you clean and fresh and removes all kinds of germs, bacteria, and viruses.
Pros: It helps reduce odors caused by bacteria or pets
The UV-C light bulb works well for 6-8 months at a time
Uses a filter-free technology with only a single UV-C bulb
It employs a Titanium Dioxide feature to reduce airborne bacteria
Cons: Generates a rather ‘sweet’ smell at times
Its performance is affected by humidity
#4 Hamilton Beach 04384 Air Purifier
When you use the Hamilton Beach 04384 Air Purifier, you experience absolutely clean and fresh air. Thanks to the HEPA filter, the air around you will be free from 99% of all pollutants, pollution, pollen, dust, smoke, and odors. The purifier works great in any room and can be used in a maximum space of 140 square feet.
Pros: Features two replaceable carbon zeolite filters
Can be used in rooms as big as 140 sqft
Uses a vacuum-clean permanent HEPA filter
Enjoys a very compact, lightweight design
Cons: Doesn’t do much about powerful odors
The filter is rather sensitive to intensive usage
#3 OION Technologies B-1000 Permanent Filter Air Purifier
If you’re looking for an air purifier that helps save the environment as well as clean out your air, the OION Technologies B-1000 Permanent Filter is the perfect choice for you. One of the biggest advantages this purifier offers is that it is extremely silent and has a night light for better use at night.
Pros: Uses a UVGI technology to destroy germs, viruses, and bacteria
Employs a Carbon Filtration and Ozone Power technology to absorb airborne pollutants
It runs very quietly by most standards
Works rather well in large spaces
Cons: Leaves a distinctive ozone smell behind
Suffers from a flimsy plastic construction
#2 LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier
Seen as one of the most efficient air purifiers out there, the LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier is a great product to have around the house or office. It has a 3-stage filtration system which includes pre-filtration, True HEPA filtration, and finally the Activated Carbon filtration which removes 99.97% of all impurities from the air around you. The purifier removes all kinds of dust, pollution, pollen, smoke, and pet dander leaving you with clean and fresh air.
Pros: It is very quiet compared to other air purifiers
Has three speed settings to choose from
Perfect for wildfire smoke and ashes
Comes at quite an affordable price
Cons: Can get quite loud on faster settings
Produces high EMF readings
#1 Guardian Technologies GermGuardian AC4825 Air Purifier
Guardian Technologies are perhaps the best air purifier manufacturers in the world and the GermGuardian AC4825 22″ 3-in-1 Full Room Air Purifier is a perfect example of what they’re capable of. This ingenious air purifier filters 99.97% of pollutants including ones as tiny as 0.3 microns. Dust, pollen, dust, and more, are all removed from the air quite easily.
Pros: Perfect for pet dander, dust, and other allergens
It can reduce common odors from pets, cooking, or smoking
Features a filter replacement indicator to let you know when to change the filter
Can be used in rooms of any size
Cons: It can get rather hot when used for long periods of time
Generates a distinctive smell
What To Look For In An Air Purifier For Pets
For whatever reason, you may find yourself sharing a household with a cat or a dog, despite being allergic to them. A good way to avoid any long-term discomfort is to employ an air purifying unit, a device that is both efficient and easy to use. These purifiers suck out all the germs, dust, and bacteria from the air, purifying it in return by removing dust, bacteria, and any allergens that might otherwise make it impossible for you and the pets to share the same room.
– Filter: One of the most important elements of any type of air purifier is the filter. This component holds on to all the unwanted substances like germs, pet air, bacteria, and dust, keeping them from going back out into the room’s atmosphere. While some of these devices use inbuilt filters, others require that you change these filters on a regular basis.
– Service Indication: Extremely beneficial to users, the service indicator light notifies the user if the device is experiencing any difficulty, for example, if the filter is clogged with particles, the user will know of the situation and make the necessary changes. Bear in mind that not all purifiers incorporate this feature, although the good ones generally do.
This feature allows the user to set a particular time limit for the purifier to work. This timer also helps when you need to leave home and need to make sure the purifier goes off after a certain amount of time, even if you are not at home to switch it off.
– Fan: This component is another vital part of the air purifier, as it pulls in all the bad air so that it can go through the filter to be purified further. Many purifiers even boast speed settings for the fan, which can also be either very loud or very quiet.
– Handle: Not all Best Air Purifiers For Pets come with the option of being placed on a table or countertop. Having a handle that enables easy mobility, definitely helps, especially when you have to carry the device around to place it in new spots.
– Speed Settings: Another important feature is the control of the speed of the air being drawn in. This helps in increasing or decreasing the purification speed. As we said, this is mainly affected by the inbuilt fan and the pertinent technologies used in operating it.
– Remote Control: Controlling your air purifier from a distance requires a remote control feature that all the good ones tend to have. This feature solely depends on preference and the amount of distance between you and the air purifier.
– Washable Filters: Buying an air purifier for pets with washable filters is definitely a better option. This is simply because these filters will absorb dirt and germs quite often and you would need to clean and change them regularly. This option would help you save a lot of money.
– Air Quality Sensor: This function automatically notifies the air purifier to increase or decrease the level of air filtering, depending on the number of germs and particles found in the air.
Benefits of Using a Pet Air Purifier
– Helps fight different forms of pollution
– Helps to prevent allergies
– Traps dust, dirt, and pet dander
– Eliminates mold, germs, and bacteria
– Helps to reduce and remove smoke, fumes, and bad odor
– Produces clean fresh air and enhances air circulation
– Suitable for household environments as well as office spaces
What To Consider
– Maintenance and Operating Costs: Before purchasing any pet air purifier, it is essential to know the number of finances required to maintain and run the device. Larger sized air purifiers are much more costly than smaller ones and users might just get rid of them because of the high maintenance costs. Always check the device information and details thoroughly before purchasing to ensure that it Best Air Purifiers For Pets does not involve any hidden costs due to its long-term maintenance.
– Noise Level: It is advisable to choose a pet air purifier that is quiet by most standards, a unit that doesn’t get too loud when operating close to maximum speed. Most purifiers produce a lot of noise, especially when the purification level is increased. Not a critical feature by any means, one should always consider just how much a constant buzzing or fanning noise might inconvenience them in the long run.
Durability and Reliability:
– Avoid smoking around the device.
– Clean the filter regularly.
– Try not to use wood or candles.
– Avoid using chemical substances.
– Try to use an air conditioner along with the air purifier in order to prevent external allergens from entering the room.